Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!


Debra: I have learned from my Mother to always put a table cloth on the table while entertaining.

Jim: My mother would make oval shaped meatballs and put them in her spaghetti sauce.

Sandra: Throughout my childhood my Mom always told me to be friendly.

Dad: She kept herself between me and the food and wouldn’t let me eat until dinner time.

Mom: I’ll aways remember my mother being at home for me.

Shirley: My Mom always liked to be near all of our children.

Bonny: On Saturday mornings, throughout my childhood, it was always time to help my mother with the dusting.

Janice: I remember my mother sitting beside me cutting out paper dolls.


Vocabulary:

cloth: Fabric or material

oval: resembling an egg shape

home: a place where one lives

paper: material that you can write on

dolls: small toy that looks like a person

table: furniture that you can eat dinner on

time: past, present and future

dusting: a way of cleaning

cutting: open using a sharp edge

learned: to gain knowledge by studying


1. My mother made a beautiful Conformation dress using ______.

  1. I _______ to speak Spanish by studying in school.
  2. The mirror was shaped in an _______.
  3. Sandra needed help _______ open the watermelon.
  4. Jane is always ________ when I come to her house because she wants to make sure her house is clean.
  5. My _____ is filled with memories.
  6. When it turns 6:00 PM it will be _____ eat dinner.
  7. When I was a little girl I would play with a ______ named Betty.
  8. The _______ was in the middle to the kitchen.
  9. I needed a piece of _______ to do my homework on.


Grammar Point:

In the paragraph above their are many different prepositional phrases. Find them in the paragraph and then use those and others to write your own sentences about your mother for a Mother’s Day saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment