Monday, May 10, 2010

Giants game!

I was so excited! I was finally going to my first football game. My father and I went to the Giants game. They were playing the Colts. We had to travel on 3 different trains. First we took the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station. Then we took the New Jersey line to the Meadowlands. It was a long trip, but it was worth it. When we arrived at the game we ate hotdogs and fries. They were delicious. The field was so big so we weren’t able to walk all the way around the stadium. We had much fun that day. I haven’t been able to go back yet, I will soon.


Vocabulary:

football: sports game played in America

train: transportation

New Jersey: state in America

hotdogs: fun food

fries: potatos

stadium: where the football players have their game

fun: good time

soon: near future


  1. I would like to go to the game ______.
  2. I had a lot of ______ at the football game.
  3. The _______ was huge and loud.
  4. The ______ that I ate were made with large potatoes.
  5. I like mustard with my _______.
  6. ________ is located near New York.
  7. The ________ took us to the game.
  8. ________ is a lot of fun.


Grammar Point.

Read the paragraph above and list the conjunctions you find. Can you think of any more?


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great trip to the ballgame.

    Good vocabulary and grammar point!

    ReplyDelete