Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baby Ellie!


My cousin just had a new baby girl! I couldn’t be happier. Her name is Eleanor. Her hair couldn’t be redder then a rose and her eyes couldn’t be browner then a brownie. She was born in the middle of a blizzard and it couldn’t have been colder then if we were to go to Alaska. It was the biggest blizzard in 2010. After I found out I drove down to Washington, DC. The trip couldn’t have been longer than if we drove to California. We hit so much traffic. My Mom and I couldn’t have been tireder. It took us 7 hours, when it usually takes us 5 hours. When we arrived we had to sleep in a hotel which couldn’t have been nicer. The pool was larger then any pool I had ever seen. The room was more colorful then any other room I had seen. My family and I ate dinner together and the dinner was better than a personal chef. We had much fun together and we are all very excited we have a new family member.




Vocabulary:

happy: enjoying, pleasure, satisfaction

brown: a color such as a tree bark

red: a color such as an apple or rose

cold: having a low temperature

long: great distance

tired: grow bored with lack of energy

nice: kind

large: big

color: red, orange, blue, green, purple, brown, black etc.

better: the best


  1. I am very ______ I have a new family member.
  2. I think that ice cream is _____ than vegetables.
  3. The __________ cow was eating a lot of grass.
  4. I like seeing a lot of ______ on a picture.
  5. My cousin’s hair is _________.
  6. The bed was so _____ we were able to fit all four sisters on it.
  7. The man was very _____ and held the door open for me.
  8. I was ______ after running a marathon.
  9. The skirt was too ______ on the girl and she almost tripped over the fabric.
  10. I was so ____ I had to wear more than one jacket.


Grammar Point:

Please write comparative sentences using the vocabulary words above.


No comments:

Post a Comment