Monday, March 8, 2010

Pronoun Poem

Encounter

by: Nancy Mack


We both met at Willie’s Bookstore last Thursday evening,

I waited with my dad in the endless line for over an hour,

She signed the title pages of each book placed in front of her,

I silently handed over my copy with its worn and tattered cover,

She smiled and winked when she saw how much I loved her story.

She slid my book back across the table and thanked me for the compliment.


Vocabulary:

we- used when wanting to talk about 2 people.

my- used when showing something belonging to you.

she- the female person being discussed or last mentioned

her- showing girls ownership.

I- used when talking of yourself.


  1. _______ went to the store.
  2. ______ am studying for my spelling test.
  3. _______ loves chocolate.
  4. That is _______ purse.
  5. That is _______ radio.



Grammar Point:

http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/pronoun_clubhouse/index_pre.html

Use this website to practice your pronouns!


Remember:

I am a pronoun,

And so are you.

We and they can be pronouns too!


2 comments: